COVID-19 Resort Updates
We look forward to safely welcoming guests back to our waterfront oasis, with our reopening of the Resort on July 1. We want our guests to know that we have and continue to ensure that your health is prioritized. Although we have been temporarily closed, our team has been working behind the scenes during this crisis, enabling us to gather real-time intelligence to guide our decisions and best practices. Together with our trusted advisors and onsite partners, we adopted a thoughtful and proactive approach to serving guests in this new environment, with our "Book with Confidence" Cove Cares Commitment.
Cove Cares Commitment
The health, safety and security of our team members, our guests, and our community is our top priority. By closely monitoring industry and government guidance regarding the COVID-19 virus, including information supplied by the Public Health Agency of Canada, Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and World Health Organization (WHO) and WorkSafe BC, we have devised additional guidelines and procedures for sanitation and cleaning, with an emphasis on the prevention of virus transmission.
Our "Book with Confidence" Cove Cares Commitment was designed to enhance safety and to minimize risk for our visitors and team members. It ensures the hygiene and sanitation practices of our Resort meet or exceed regulatory requirements and the recommendations of WorkSafe BC. This commitment also includes new cleanliness protocols that meet or exceed our already rigorous standards.
Our "Book with Confidence" Cove Cares Commitment initiative focuses on three critical touchpoints. They include the following highlights:
Enhanced Cleaning and Sanitization
• Our “Book with Confidence" Cove Cares Commitment program is our commitment to enhanced cleaning, providing guests with the confidence they deserve
• The cleaning and sanitization of our condo style suites is our priority. We are asking our team members to be extra thorough in sanitizing our suites including TVs, remote controls, tables, doorknobs, light switches, desks, phones, keyboards, toilets, faucets, and sinks
• For the balance of 2020, our Cove Cares Commitment program will not allow our housekeeping team members to enter a guest suite once a guest has arrived. Our stayover service has been suspended; however, we will arrange for delivery of essentials, such as towels, coffee, tea etc. Our condo style suites offer you a home away from home, with fully equipped kitchen, in-room laundry, etc.
• More frequent cleaning and heavy disinfection of high-touch public surfaces, including lobby doors and handles, light switches, front desk, vending areas, ATM & credit card machine, corridor and stairwell handrails and elevators
• Hand sanitizer stations in the lobby for guest use and in the team center for team member use
Physical and Social Distancing:
• Social distancing is marked and encouraged in all common areas and at the back of the house
• Plexiglass hygiene guards installed at front-desk terminals
• Monitoring/limiting lobby, elevator, pool, hot tub, and gym occupancy
• For guest safety and comfort, hotel staff will not enter any occupied room. Housekeeping services for stayover guests will include prescheduled trash removal, amenity replenishment, and fresh towels and linensy
• Maintenance requests of critical priority will result in re assignment of a new room or the use of PPE by team member and guest while work is being performed
Safe Behavioral Practices:
• Increased guest communications on COVID-19 best practices and property requirements
• Team members who do not feel well are asked to go home and/or remain at home
• All employees are fully trained on “Book with Confidence" Cove Cares Commitment program sanitization protocols, guest and team member social distancing, amended cleaning and service initiatives
• Employees trained to perform frequent hand washing and in the use of personal protective equipment
Cove Cares Commitment Protocols
We use disinfectant products that have been pre-approved and certified for use against emerging viruses, bacteria, and other airborne and blood-borne pathogens. We have implemented several new initiatives throughout our Resort, including the following:
Our Public Spaces
Upon arrival at our Resort, the frequency of cleaning and disinfecting by dedicated staff has been increased in all public spaces with an emphasis on "high-touch" surfaces including front desk counters, concierge desks, elevators buttons, door handles, public restrooms, suite door locks and stair handrails. Front-of-house restrooms are sanitized at least once an hour, which includes wiping down counters and stalls.
Hand sanitizing stations are readily available in high traffic areas throughout the Resort. They are located at key guest and team member contact areas such as resort entrances, reception areas, lobby, restrooms, meeting and event spaces and elevator landings.
Our pool facilities and our fitness center will be open for guest use and are subject to compliance with the necessary measures required to provide these services. Any non-compliance may result in suspension of privilege to use these amenities.
Our Guest Suites
Our already stringent cleaning and disinfecting protocols have been recently upgraded to reflect the current situation. Disinfectants (which are EPA registered for emerging viral pathogens) are used to clean guest suites, including "high-touch" items like television remote controls, toilet seats and handles, door and furniture handles, water faucet handles, nightstands, telephones, in-suite control panels, light switches, thermostats and flooring. In accordance with Work safe BC guidelines, once a guest has checked-in, we are not able to offer stay over service or enter a room at will; instructions for towel and sheet replacements will be provided in your suite. For circumstances of an urgent nature, our team will enter a unit under strict protocol and with our guests required to do the same or to vacate the unit for a short while.
Meeting Set Ups & Services
Seating capacities and floor plans are reviewed on an event-by-event basis at this time, this will ensure compliance with physical distancing recommendations. Hand sanitizer dispensers will be placed at each meeting room in use. During peak meeting periods, attendants are scheduled to perform cleaning protocols. Site inspections will be conducted in compliance with all established protocols.
Event banquet service standards have been revised, including operational and sanitation procedures for all items. All food will be served individually plated.
Front Desk and Guest Service Desk
Guest Service Agents will ensure six feet of separation between Team Members whenever possible. For guest and staff safety, transparent acrylic barriers have been installed at the front desk. Guests are asked to refrain from reaching through or beyond these barriers. Please note that early check-ins are not permitted as we will be busy completing new processes and sanitizing rooms.
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
Guests are currently suggested to wear PPE, personal face masks, while visiting the resort. For added safety, masks that obscure the entire face are prohibited. A selection of PPE items are available for purchase at the Front Desk, however, this may sell out on occasion and guests are encouraged to provide for their own level of comfort.
Emergency Medical Contacts
The Cove Lakeside Resort has a detailed document about self-isolation and if you suspect you may have been subject to COVID-19.
Guests and team members are required to practice physical distancing by standing at least six feet away from others while standing in queues, using elevators, or moving around the resort. Resort common areas, pools, conference rooms, and other physical layouts have been arranged to ensure such appropriate distancing, complying with, or exceeding, Provincial mandated occupancy limits.
All areas where guests queue is marked to indicate proper distancing, including front desks and hotel guest elevators. Signs will be placed in every elevator lobby to remind guests of the suggested limit of four guests per elevator.
We thank you kindly for your support, understanding, and flexibility as we adapt to a continually changing and evolving situation surrounding COVID-19. We want to ensure your stay with us is safe and memorable as always! If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us at email@example.com or call us toll-free at 1-877-762-2683.