COVID-19 Resort Updates
We look forward to safely welcoming guests to our waterfront oasis. We want our guests to know that we have and continue to ensure that your health is prioritized. We adopted a thoughtful and proactive approach to serving guests in this new environment, with our "Book with Confidence" Cove Cares Commitment.
Cove Cares Commitment
The health, safety and security of our team members, our guests, and our community is our top priority. By closely monitoring industry and government guidance regarding the COVID-19 virus, including information supplied by the Provincial Health Officer of British Columbia, Public Health Agency of Canada, Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), World Health Organization (WHO) and WorkSafe BC, we have devised additional guidelines and procedures for sanitation and cleaning, with an emphasis on the prevention of virus transmission.
Our "Book with Confidence" Cove Cares Commitment was designed to enhance safety and to minimize risk for our visitors and team members. It ensures the hygiene and sanitation practices of our Resort meet or exceed regulatory requirements and the recommendations of WorkSafe BC. This commitment also includes new cleanliness protocols that meet or exceed our already rigorous standards.
Our "Book with Confidence" Cove Cares Commitment initiative focuses on three critical touchpoints. They include the following highlights:
Enhanced Cleaning and Sanitization
• Our “Book with Confidence" Cove Cares Commitment program is our commitment to enhanced cleaning, providing guests with the confidence they deserve
• The cleaning and sanitization of our condo style suites is our priority. We are asking our team members to be extra thorough in sanitizing our suites including TVs, remote controls, tables, doorknobs, light switches, desks, phones, keyboards, toilets, faucets, and sinks
• Our Cove Cares Commitment program will not allow our housekeeping team members to enter a guest suite once a guest has arrived. Our stayover service has been suspended; however, we will arrange for delivery of essentials, such as towels, coffee, tea etc. Our condo style suites offer you a home away from home, with fully equipped kitchen, in-room laundry, etc.
• More frequent cleaning and heavy disinfection of high-touch public surfaces, including lobby doors and handles, light switches, front desk, vending areas, ATM & credit card machine, corridor and stairwell handrails and elevators
• Hand sanitizer stations in the lobby for guest use and in the team center for team member uses
Physical and Social Distancing:
• Social distancing is marked and encouraged in all common areas and at the back of the house
• Plexiglass hygiene guards installed at front-desk terminals
• Monitoring/limiting lobby, elevator, and gym occupancy
• For guest safety and comfort, hotel staff will not enter any occupied room. Housekeeping services for stayover guests will include pre-scheduled trash removal, amenity replenishment, and fresh towels and linens
• Maintenance requests of critical priority will result in re-assignment of a new room or the use of PPE by team member and guest while work is being performed
Safe Behavioral Practices:
• Increased guest communications on COVID-19 best practices and property requirements
• Team members who do not feel well are asked to go home and/or remain at home
• All employees are fully trained on “Book with Confidence" Cove Cares Commitment program sanitization protocols, guest and team member social distancing, amended cleaning and service initiatives
• Employees trained to perform frequent hand washing and in the use of personal protective equipment
Cove Cares Commitment Protocols
To minimize risk and enhance safety for visitors and team members, we use disinfectant products that have been pre-approved and certified for use against emerging viruses, bacteria, and other airborne and blood-borne pathogens.
COVID-19 Specific Initiatives & Protocols
To ensure the health and safety of our guests, we have implemented several new initiatives throughout our resort, including the following:
Our Public Spaces
Upon arrival at our resort, the frequency of cleaning and disinfecting by dedicated staff has been increased in all public spaces with an emphasis on "high-touch" surfaces including front desk counters, concierge desks, elevators buttons, door handles, public restrooms, suite door locks and stair handrails. Front-of-house restrooms are sanitized at least once an hour, which includes wiping down counters and stalls.
Hand sanitizing stations are readily available in high traffic areas throughout the resort. They are located at key guest and team member contact areas such as resort entrances, reception areas, lobby, restrooms, meeting and event spaces and elevator landings.
Our fitness room and Aveda Spa at The Cove are open for guest use and are subject to compliance with the necessary measures required to provide these services. Any non-compliance may result in suspension of privilege to use these amenities.
Our Guest Suites
Our already stringent cleaning and disinfecting protocols have been upgraded to reflect the current situation. Disinfectants (which are EPA registered for emerging viral pathogens) are used to clean guest suites, including "high-touch" items like television remote controls, toilet seats and handles, door and furniture handles, water faucet handles, nightstands, telephones, in-suite control panels, light switches, thermostats and flooring.
In accordance with Work safe BC guidelines, team members will not enter your suite once occupied. As a result, guestrooms will not be serviced during your stay; if you need anything replenished, please contact the front desk. For circumstances of an urgent nature, our team will enter a unit under strict protocol and with our guests required to do the same or to vacate the unit for a short while.
No social gatherings of any size allowed in your suite other than your household or core bubble. Any individuals who do not reside together must maintain six feet of seperation from one another. To be compliant with the Provincial Health Order, the hotel requires full names, and telephone number or email address for contact tracing.
Meeting and Event Set Ups & Services
We are always reviewing and adapting to all regulations from Provincial Health Officer Of British Columbia.
Seating capacities and floor plans are reviewed on an event-by-event basis at this time. Meeting and event rooms are arranged to allow for appropriate physical distancing compliance between guests.
Team members have been trained on procedures and will work in small teams to limit the number of people they are exposed to. Team members will wear masks, and gloves as required for specific tasks, as part of their regular uniform. All team members using this PPE have been trained on the correct use of this equipment.
All event guests must wear a mask in our resort common areas, and all guests are required to wear a mask prior to being seated.
Tempered glass screens are in place at the bar and carving stations to eliminate contact.
There are hand sanitizing stations at all self-serve stations along with handwashing and sanitizing instructions issued by the BC Ministry of Health.
Serving utensils are refreshed regularly.
During peak meeting periods, attendants are scheduled to perform cleaning protocols.
Hand sanitizer dispensers will be placed at each meeting room in use.
Site inspections will be conducted in compliance with all established protocols.
Event banquet service standards have been revised, including operational and sanitation procedures for all items.
Front Desk and Guest Service Desk
Guest Service Agents wear proper PPE (i.e., masks and gloves) and utilize every other workstation to ensure six feet of separation between team members whenever possible.
For additional seperation for guest and staff safety, transparent acrylic barriers have been installed at the front desk. Guests are asked to refrain from reaching through or beyond these barriers.
Bell carts are sanitized after each guest use.
Please note that early check-ins are not permitted as we will be busy completing new processes and sanitizing rooms.
Offices & Team Member Areas
Physical distancing protocols are used in offices and team member back areas.
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
Guests are required to wear PPE, personal face masks, while visiting the resort. For added safety, masks that obscure the entire face are prohibited.
A selection of PPE items are available for purchase at the Front Desk, however, this may sell out on occasion and guests are encouraged to provide for their own level of comfort.
Emergency Medical Contacts - Quarantining & Self-Isolation
The Cove Lakeside Resort has a detailed document about self-isolation, quarantine, and if you suspect you may have been subject to COVID-19.
Guests and team members are required to practice physical distancing by standing at least six feet away from others while standing in queues, using elevators, or moving around the resort. Resort common areas, pools, conference rooms, and other physical layouts have been arranged to ensure such appropriate distancing, complying with, or exceeding, Provincial mandated occupancy limits.
All areas where guests queue is marked to indicate proper distancing, including front desks, hotel guest elevators and lobbies and resort common areas.
Hotel Guest Elevators
Signs are placed in every elevator lobby to remind guests of the suggested limit of two guests per elevator, unless a family unit.
We thank you kindly for your support, understanding, and flexibility as we adapt to a continually changing and evolving situation surrounding COVID-19. We want to ensure your stay with us is safe and memorable as always! If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 250-707-1800.